“I wish I had more time in the day to do what I want to do!”
Wish you had more time to set goals? Sound familiar? I know I have said it many times. “I wish I had more time in the day” to get things done, or take action on my goals and do what I wanted to do for myself. This is the dilemma of so many people, not enough hours in the day. Guess what? Yes there is time, you just have to use the time you have more efficiently. By looking at where you spend time and what you spend time on, you can find time to go after your goals like someone rushing to grab a TV as a Black Friday Sale. (Think about it)
Would you like more time in your day to do what you want?
What if you had a magic want to magically give you more time in your day, would you use that magic wand?
Here are 10 ways to add more time to your day to crush your goals:
1. Change your sleep routine: Develop a bedtime and sleep routine that helps set up the next day for success. Consistency is key, go to bed and get up at the same time. Think about what you want to accomplish personally and professionally, including reading something you are interested in or do something that relaxes you. Check out The Power of When by Dr. Michael Breus.
2. Wake up earlier: Wake up 30-60 minutes earlier if you want more time to achieve your goals or if you want more time for you. It requires going to bed earlier, but you can get a lot done in 30-60 minutes at the start of each day. You can exercise, read or listen to a podcast on topics, businesses or careers that you are interested in, you can meditate and visualize your goals, you can plan out your day, journal your thoughts, or do so much more. Highly successful people are consistent with going to bed and waking up early at the same time. Grab Hal Elrod’s book, The Miracle Morning, amazing read on how to change your life.
3. Use your breaks: If you work or go to school, you have breaks in your day, use those breaks to take action on your goals. Do research, make a plan, make calls, connect with coaches or mentors, go for a walk, read a book, there are many things you can do during the breaks to get you closer to your goals.
4. Cut back on TV: Yes, that’s right. Think about how many hours a day you watch TV, many people watch more than 3 hours per day of TV. Imagine what you could do watching even 1 hour less of TV. Use that time to be more productive or how about exercising while watching TV.
5. Chill on Social Media: I know this is a big one! We all live on our phones and social media, but reducing the amount of time you spend online will give you time that you want to do more of what you want. Give yourself a few pockets a day to quickly check and post on social media then move on to something else. Try checking early in the morning and mid-day or evening and see how that works for you. Many people spend way too much time online admiring the lives of other people when they should be using that time to create the life that they want.
6. Use your commute to work or school: How long are your commutes to and from work or school? 30 minutes? An hour? More? Use that time to be productive. Read a book, listen to audiobooks or podcasts, research, make a plan, learn a language, write a blog post or book, do something with that time to get you closer to your goals and dreams. I used my commute to work to write about 70% of my book, You Have the Keys, Now Drive on my iPhone and iPad. Be productive during those times and you will be surprised at what you can accomplish traveling to and from work or school.
7. Work smarter: Find ways in your work to be more efficient so you are not as stressed or constantly rushing to meet deadlines. By doing this you give yourself more time to focus on what you want to achieve for yourself because your time isn’t spent worrying and stressing about work.
8. Schedule exercise: Exercising not only is great for your physical health and overall well-being but its also great for your mental health. It keeps your mind sharp and helps you generate ideas and stimulate creativity. If you are not healthy and struggling with your health it is difficult to focus on your goals and dreams.
9. Plan meals ahead of time: Take one day a week to plan out your healthy meals and even prepare some meals in advance will save you TONS of time; time you can use to devote to your goals. Think of what you want to eat each week, go shopping, and prepare meals in advance them refrigerate or freeze. Highly productive people do this and it gives them tons of time to do what they love.
10. Make YOU a priority: There is always time in the day to do something for yourself. Make it a point to schedule time into your day for you, even if it’s 5 or 10 minutes. Put that time into your calendar every day and take that time to relax and recharge. It is important to have this time out to allow you to think clearly and jump back into productivity mode. The more you take time outs the more productive you will become and less stressed you will be.
At first glance it may seem like we don’t have enough time in the day to do what we need to do to get ahead, accomplish our goals, and recharge our batteries (our minds and bodies), the truth is though, we have time. It’s about using our time more efficiently and making some changes to our daily habits. It’s also about commitment and discipline. How much do you want to achieve your goals? How committed are you to REALLY making your life better? No more telling yourself “There’s not enough time in the day” it’s time to change that to, “Let me find more time in my day” Highly successful, extremely busy people find more time in their days and you can too.
Start small and begin to give yourself time at the begging or end of each day, you will be amazed at how much time you actually have to devote to making your life better and crushing your goals!
I talk about many of these things, plus I give you even more tips on how to live a happier more successful life in my book. Grab my book, You Have the Keys, Now Drive on Amazon. (physical or digital copy).
Danny, Your Mindset Coach
Danny Stone is a Speaker, Mindset Coach and Author of the best-selling book, You Have The Keys, Now Drive. For more than 15 years he has been helping people get more clarity, take massive action, and create the lives they want. He’s helped countless individuals move from the passenger seat to become the drivers of their lives. If you are struggling in your life or business and want more success and happiness, contact Danny to set up your Free Clarity Call.
LET’S CONNECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA