Yes, it’s that time of year. The time that we have all been waiting for…Well some of us; let’s be honest most women… In relationships. It’s almost Valentine’s Day! Yay! No? It’s a great holiday for those in loving relationships, however, for those who are not, it can’t be a day that you just want to stay home and lock yourself in the house with the TV off. But Wait! Maybe you can use this time to figure out why you have not found the love of your life and make sure next year you are a part of those annoying couples that sicken others with too much PDA (public displays of affection). Here are 5 reasons why cupid’s arrow might have missed you so far.
1. Looking for love in all the wrong places. You know this already, your friends, family, co-workers, may have already told you this. You are looking for a life partner in the wrong places. Stop thinking that you can only meet someone in a bar, club, online, through friends, or any other typical meeting place, that you are used to. Also, stop looking for bad boys and bad girls, it never works out. Keep your eyes open, you could meet your special someone on your train ride to work, at the grocery store, or any other random place that you least expect. The key is to be open to meeting someone and not focus on where to try to meet people, stay away from the type of person you know is not right for you. Being open to trying something new or meeting someone in an unexpected play may end up bringing you the partner you desire.
2. You ain’t ready! Another reason cupid didn’t hit you with his love arrow is maybe you just aren’t ready. You may think you are ready to meet the right person and fall in love because you are tired of being single, but that doesn’t mean you are mentally or spiritually ready for a special someone. Use this time to dig deep and connect with your authentic self, who are you really? What do you want in life? What’s important to you? Take this time to reflect and ask yourself powerful questions and the answers will eventually come. Once you know who you are and what you want, you will be ready for love when it finds you.
3. Stop living in the past. This is along the lines of not being ready and could be the reason you aren’t ready for love, you may be still holding on to a relationship from your past. Either you haven’t gotten over a previous love or you haven’t gotten over a previous bad relationship. It’s time to let go! You are much better than that. You have the greatness to offer someone, you have the ability to move on to a more meaningful relationship, don’t get hung up on the past, move forward and love will find you.
4. Mr or Mrs Perfect doesn’t exist. Don’t get upset, that’s not what I mean. What I am saying is that many people get their sense of romance from what they see on TV, not realizing that it is not their definition of what is perfect for them. Maybe you are seeking that fairytale life; maybe you are seeking this mythical figure that does not exist. You need to be realistic about what you are looking for, people have flaws, they are not perfect and you need to be accepting of that fact. You are not perfect and you want someone to love your imperfections, you need to be open to finding the right person for you, flaws and all. Think of the absolute “must-haves” in a life partner and throw out the rest of your laundry list, or you might end up finding a temp who appears to be perfect, but who’s ‘just not that into you’
5. Timing is-NOT everything, but it’s something. Cupid may have glanced your way in the past but saved his arrow because the timing was not right. Of course, you deserve to be smooching it up with that special someone but maybe the timing simply was off and your attention was focused elsewhere, that could be why you are single. Hey, it happens. Timing isn’t everything but it is something and you may have come across someone who you thought was the match for you or visa-versa but the timing wasn’t right for both of you. Don’t worry, it could be right for both of you in the future or the timing may be right with you and someone else. As I said, the more open and optimistic you are, and the more you are willing to try something different, the greater the chances of the timing being right the next time.
Cupid’s arrow may have missed you this Valentine’s Day but there’s still hope. Take time to get in touch with your greatness, get your mind-set on what you want in a partner and what you have to offer. The time will come when you will cross paths with your special someone and you will be giving tips to your single friends. What are your thoughts? What are some other reasons cupid’s arrow may have missed you?
Happy Valentines Day!
For anyone in North America, Starbucks Canada, and US are having the World’s Largest #StarbucksDate so grab a friend or two and head to your nearest Starbucks for food and drink pairings. Check it out. http://www.starbucks.ca or http://www.starbucks.com
Danny, Your Mindset Coach
Danny Stone is a Speaker, Mindset Coach and Author of the best-selling book, You Have The Keys, Now Drive. For more than 15 years he has been helping people get more clarity, take massive action, and create the lives they want. He’s helped countless individuals move from the passenger seat to become the drivers of their lives. If you are struggling in your life or business and want more success and happiness, contact Danny to set up your Free Clarity Call.
LET’S CONNECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA